The original life saving station before the breakwater area around the station was expanded for more room.
J. A. Napier was appointed keeper on 11 JUL 1876 and left in 1879 (?)
William L. Stevens was appointed keeper on 30 OCT 1879 and left in 1915.
John G. Sammet was appointed keeper in 1915.
ST. JOSEPH LIFESAVING STATION
Notice the photos above and below, note the station sign difference. One photo it is there and the other it is not.